Aerobic Office Exercise
Stair climbing is a great no-gym workout that you can easily fit into your home or office routine. This activity is low-impact and safe for as long as you keep proper form.
- Wear good supportive shoes. “Cross-training” or aerobic shoes are best, running shoes do not give your feet enough lateral support.
- Make sure there is enough light in the stairwell for you to watch your steps.
- Good ventilation is a must.
- To prevent an overuse injury (caused by repetitively doing the same activity), alternate with another activity (walking, swimming, cycling, dancing, etc.).
- Pay attention to how your knees and lower back feel after a few weeks of starting a stair-climbing program.