Then employers have a global reach, it’s tough to implement the same benefits for all staff. One of the most difficult programs to align internationally is a recognition plan, because the expression of recognition varies from one culture to another.
If you read nothing else, read this…
- The recognition awards staff prefer to receive varies from country to country.
- Any global recognition plan has to take into account cultural and economic differences to be equitable and effective.
- It is not often the recognition program itself that fails to reflect the employee’s culture, but the way the recognition is delivered.
- The trend of online recognition platforms has broken down geographical borders.
- Ultimately, global recognition programs offer an opportunity to reinforce a company’s values across its diverse workforce.