Leadership: To Infinity and Beyond

Most leaders are successful at their jobs. They are competent, and they show up ready to meet day-to-day tasks and working relationships with enthusiasm. They might be 83% competent at executing their jobs. But what about the remaining 17%? But how can leaders move beyond “good” to “excellent”?

Dr. J.P. Pawliw-Fry, an internationally sought-after speaker, Harvard Business Review author, and thought leader on emotional intelligence, shed some light on this topic. According to Pawliw-Fry, leaders routinely avoid 17% of difficult tasks, “even if they know it matters and it’s beneficial.” Dreaded tasks such as difficult conversations, missing deadlines, projects going over budget, and other sources of fear and anxiety. Very high performing leaders have an eternal curiosity and motivation to understand complex situations, even if they are difficult, says Pawliw-Fry, who is Co-founder of the Institute for Health and Human Potential in Barrie, Ont.

Get your FREE trial now!

Start your free 14-day trial now to read this story and

Make. Work. Better.

Already a subscriber?

Reuse and Permissions: Unauthorized distribution, transmission, reuse or republication of any and all content is strictly prohibited. To discuss re-use of this material, please contact: copyright@yourworkplace.ca ; 877-668-1945.

YW staff
WRITTEN BY
YW Staff
Smiling woman. By Gabriel Silverio of Unsplash.com

Recognition from Afar

How can you recognize your employees’ efforts while working remotely? It seems like an eternity since people were regularly working in offices across the country.

Read More »