Start your free 14-day trial now to read this story and
Make. Work. Better.
1 ripe avocado
⅛ cup cocoa powder
⅛ cup maple syrup
1. Peel and pit the avocado, and place in the bowl of food processor.
2. Add in ⅛ cup (2 tbsp) cocoa powder.
3. Add in 2 tbsp maple syrup.
4. Put the top on the food processor and press start. Let it go for a minute or so.
5. Stop and remove the lid. Scrape any green bits into the mixture and let it whir again until everything is smooth and glossy and brown.
6. Taste test—does it need a little more chocolate? Add in a bit… If the consistency isn’t smooth enough or sweet enough, add a little more maple syrup. Blend again.
7. Store in the refrigerator.
This entire recipe (depending on the size of the avocado) weighs in at about 400 calories. Share the recipe as a dip for fruits (pineapple, cherries, strawberries, etc) with a handful of people and you have an amazingly healthy raw-foods dessert that’s relatively low in calories, and is full of enzymes that are going to help your body digest and assimilate the nutrients consumed to your body’s best use.
Calories 135, Total Fat 10.2g , Saturated Fat 2.3g, Sodium 4mg, Total Carbohydrate 12.5g, Dietary Fiber 4.2g
Originally published in volume 12, issue 4 of Your Workplace magazine
Eating cheese may even aid weight loss and help prevent heart disease and osteoporosis. That said, some cheeses, like Mozzarella, are healthier than others.
Get your FREE trial now! Start your free 14-day trial now to read this story
Contact Your Workplace
Tel: 613-549-1222Toll Free: 1-877-668-1945Contact Us